One year ago today, the Naked Vine was born.
One hundred twenty-some odd tasting notes, a couple of vacations, and only moderate liver damage later -- and the Vine is still going strong.
A few well-deserved kudos:
- To the Sweet Partner in Crime -- the best partner and editor I could ever dream of.
- To Scott -- for the quote that led to this madness.
- To Dave -- for the pints that led to "Sommelier for the Common Man."
- To Renee and Brian from Vintner Select -- my mentors in this little project.
- To The Wizard of Covington -- for all sorts of moral support.
- To folks like Mark Morford, Bill Simmons, Digby, and Al Featherston -- for helping me find a voice.
- To the Benefactors -- The Dayton City Paper, Planet Weekly, Whatzup, and YES! Weekly -- for giving me the chance to expand beyond the blog.
And most of all, to all of you who read regularly or just stop by occasionally -- wherever you are, I hope you've found something here to your liking.
Cheers, L'Chaim, Slainte, Prost, and on and on...to another year and another harvest. Thanks to all.
Time for a party!
Congrats on reaching this milestone. I'm proud of the fact that, while some people can play the role of the muse based upon their beauty, their heroism, or their compassion, I apparently can serve as the inspiration for someone to write about the virtues of different varieties of bum wines.
But seriously, considering that a new blog is created every 0.37 microseconds or so these days, I think you've done a fantastic job running with the idea and finding a great niche for yourself.
ps - we're going to have a wine cooler in our new house, so I'll need plenty of recommendations for what to fill it with.
Post a Comment